Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blind Date Number One

In deciding to take in Winter, It was important to see if he and Bailey could get along. So, enter in Blind Date number one...the possible catastrophe.

Winter's owner lived no more than a mile from the place I had just bought. Pretty awesome. We have wonderful parks and it's a great neighborhood to walk around in. So after Geoff and I met the handsome Winter boy, we set up a date to bring over Bailey.

Here's where I start doing things terribly wrong with dog training. Had I brushed up a bit more, I would have kept Bailey on the leash so I could correct her easier and let him have the run of his territory.

Doh. Meeting one didn't go as well as we planned. Geoff was pretty worried. The problem is, Bailey is a bit timid. She's pretty shy and we're pretty quiet around here.

Winter is not shy in the least and he's very talkative. Bailey has never heard anything so loud in her little life. And while Winter showed no signs of aggression, Bailey didn't quite understand what his play growl sounded like and started getting a little worried.

Taking this into consideration, I went about figuring out how to structure blind date number two to see if they could work side by side together, feeling each other out, without mistaking each others sounds.

Trust me, things start getting a lot better from here on out.

No comments:

Post a Comment