Sunday, December 13, 2009

Second Date

The next day, I headed over with Bailey and picked up Winter. We got his collar on and after a few "Do you think you can handle them both?" we were out the door.

One block later, those two are both walking side by side. No aggression. Just a steady rhythm of walking. They were in working mode and perfectly fine with each other. I too this as a pretty good sign. These two could work together, so there had to be a way to get Bailey over her "Oh my God he's loud so he's mean!" mindset.

We made a big circle around the neighborhood before we got back to the house and sat chatting in the living room. Winter proved he could be a quiet and calm boy as he laid there between us, and let the humans do the talking instead of him.

Bailey got to examine the house and before I left, I had both of them working for treats side by side with a few simple "Sit" and "Down" commands. Another good sign. They were very close together and not fighting over each others treats.

Left feeling pretty good. Geoff was still a bit unsure. And after the first night, I don't blame him. But a couple days later...Winter came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment