Thursday, December 10, 2009

In Truth, He predicted this

I distinctly recall a trip to Lawrence where he said that he shouldn't tell me about the Humane Society up there having a deal on animals. I was confused. I didn't think I was really showing the vibe of bringing home strays. After all, I have Sey and Bailey.

Oh, let me pull out the wallet and show you the girls.

That black monster you see there, that would be Bailey: My Border Collie Lab mix. She's a December Baby, taken home around Valentine's Day, 2007. My Valentine's pup, or Rescue Mutt as I call her. She was mostly a gift from my mom that year, even though I paid for about half her fees. (That handsome fellow in the picture with her is my better half, Geoff.)

And this striking feline is Sey. She enjoys striking terror into cats twice her size so they will sleep behind the toilet out of fear of her small size, waiting on her "Dog" (Bailey) to come back in from her bathroom rituals because she is just sure that Geoff and I will not be bringing her back, and playing with the laser pointer and the inside of the fireplace. (Not when there's a fire going, at least, we hope not. We'll test that theory soon enough.)

That Lawrence trip, was over 6 months ago now. And here we are, December 2009. Yule is coming up. The house is almost finished inside. And there's a dog that needs a home.

Not just any dog. He's a Siberian Husky.

Geoff will tell you that the moment I said those last two words, "Siberian Husky" he knew it was over. There would most likely be no way to change my mind otherwise. Of course we could give him a home.

And so, Winter sets in.

There's a reason for the Husky. But before I dive into that, I think it's best to put Winter's situation out there.

Winter's owner is moving. Ironically, to the town I just moved from. Already having cats and another dog, and moving into a home with another dog, it would be too much. Relunctantly, she started trying to find him a home, that wasn't he Humane Society. I completely agree with her. It would be nice to know the family taking him and feel assured he'd be in good hands.

Through a mutual friend, she found me. What happens next...well, should be interesting. Most of the back story out of the way, I'll let you know about this sneaky coffee thief and what's going on in our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment